Can't start vlc from terminal in OS X

Stephan H=?ISO-8859-1?B?5Q==?=kansson stephan.hakansson at home.se
Fri May 17 10:20:23 CEST 2002

I have problems starting VLC from the terminal. It has worked before, but
for some reason it doesn¹t launch correctly anymore. When I start it from
the GUI everything works as it should do, but I need to start the app with
an option like desync or ac3-adec pass. And when I start it in the terminal
³VideoLAN Client - version 0.3.1_2002-05-15 Ourumov - (c) 1996-2002
VideoLAN" appears but then nothing happens. No error, absolutely nothing. In
the GUI the application has been started, and I can quit it by ctrl-click
the icon in the dock and choose quit. But no menus or something like that
has been launched. It´s just an "empty" application.

Plz help!

/Stephan