Can't start vlc from terminal in OS X

Stephan H=?ISO-8859-1?B?5Q==?=kansson stephan.hakansson at home.se
Fri May 17 22:20:27 CEST 2002

> When I launch vlc from the commandline I get the
> same debug reports. I then click on the icon and it works.
When I click on the icon, the menu-bar is totally empty and there's no
control window.

> What platform is this? 10.1.4?
Yes. 10.1.4 Build 5Q125

I'm sure the problem will disappear if I reinstall the system, because it
has been working, but I'd rather not do that just to be able to launch VLC
from the command line. So if there's any other way, it would save me a lot
of time.