Cannot open mpeg

Fredrik Cerha fredrik.cerha at telia.com
Wed May 22 10:27:36 CEST 2002

Hello!

I found the program today.I am a novice when it comes to digital video.I
have not opened MacOSX very often since I am an Digital Audio person and not
many such apps have implemented OSX yet.

Well to put it short and also quote my favourite character in Fawlty
Towers,Manuel:"I know Noooothingg"

If anybody answers this anyway I would be most grateful.

I downloaded the dmg file from the website and copied it to my OSX partition
and restarted from there.then I clicked the file and I saw an icon appearing
on the desktop.I opened it, and everything looked as though the program was
already installed.

Well...ehh...was it?I was reminded of some initial confusion with Stuffit
Deluxe that allows the user to browse a compressed archive.

OK next question,
if I click the VLC icon awindow o pens which is called VideoLan Client
3.0(Cocoa)
There are a few buttons for play stop etc.Itried to open mpegs from the file
menu,but nothing happened,except that sometimes the horizontal slider jumped
to the end position.I was not even able to open movies that was recognized
by quicktime (guess why I got Videolan)

I dont even see a movie window at all.What am I doing wrong?

Fredrik