[vlc] comments/questions and suggestions regarding vlc and vls

Roland Staring Roland.Staring at surfnet.nl
Tue Nov 5 14:16:55 CET 2002

Hi,

I am a great fan of the VideoLAN software. I use it for lots of
demonstrations for streaming over high bandwith internet connections and
  tests with streaming over ipv6 unicast and multicast.

I however have some suggestions/questions about vls and vlc.

*vls*

Would it be possible to use vls to reflect MPEG2 streams?

kfir => vls => unicast MPEG2 => vls => multicast MPEG2 => vlc

The reason we would like to do this is that not all networks are
multicast enabled at the source.

*vlc*
The comment only concerns the vlc gui:
- the gui doesn't remember the IP adresses when I close and reopen the
application.
- when I enter a port number followed by enter the checkbox resets to 0.
- I would like to save/open playlists. It takes some effort to define a
set of multicast channels to view. After reopening the vlc the playlist
is empty and I will have to redefine all the channels.

Maybe these problems can be solved in a future version of vlc.

Thanks in advance,

Roland