[vlc] Re: artist wants to capture images

Jared ''Danger'' Earle jared at 23x.net
Wed Nov 13 11:14:59 CET 2002

On Tuesday, Nov 12, 2002, at 19:00 Europe/Paris, christopher mize wrote:
> I am an artist and would like to capture still images from DVD'S and
> paint them on to large canvases.  Does your product allow me to use
> MAC OS 10 and my DVD ROM to capture images , either JPEG OR MPEGS, and
> save them as files to be altered and retouched in Photoshop and
> Illustrator?

Yes. Play a DVD and do a screen-grab as you normally would. Personally,
I'd use Snapz Pro to get a screenshot, but the built-in one will be
fine.

> If so, how do I obtain your product for my personal use?

You download it.

http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.4.5/macosx/vlc-0.4.5a.dmg

--
      Jared Earle, Nightfall Games, jared at 23x.net - http://www.23x.net
    "Just because the SPORK's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda."