[vlc] Re: VLC interface

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Nov 14 10:54:19 CET 2002

On Thursday 14 November 2002 03:29, Lee Chonho wrote:
> Hi. My name is Lee.
> I have tried to compile VLC-0.4.5 on Windows98 under MSYS+MinGw.
>
> Everything is fine for building and compiling.(I guess)
> But when I execute vlc.exe, interface never appear on the screen.
> Could you advise how to figure it out?

It should mean you haven't installed the GTK development package as
explained in the INSTALL.win32 file. Also don't forget to install the
directx headers package as well.

You should be able to tell if the GTK development package has been installed
properly by running the ./configure script with the appropriate options and
looking at the result of the tests.

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas