[vlc] Re: Videolan and IPAQ in Multicast

Kevin McKinnon kevin at sunshinecable.com
Fri Nov 22 19:31:36 CET 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Bichot Guillaume (Princeton) wrote:

> One infomation was missing.
> I used multicast.
> When I use unicast it works (although it is not quite impressive: slow). In
> multicast it does not work (meaning you can see one video frame if you're
> lucky and you can hear some noise; that's it).
> Any idea why ?

Check the configuration of your Access Point to see if it limits the rate
of multicast traffic.  My Lucent WavePoint II's (using 8Mbps radio
cards) will allow multicast to consume either 1 or 2 Mbps of traffic,
max.  I believe with the 11Mbps cards the choices are 1,2, or 5 Mbps.

Cheers,
Kev
Kevin McKinnon                                kevin at sunshinecable.com
Network Administrator                    http://www.sunshinecable.com
Sunshine Communications Ltd.                   office: (250) 442-5844
The Boundary's LOCAL Broadband Service Provider - Cable TV & Internet