[vlc] Re: Any client planned for Microsoft WindowsCE & PocketPC OS?

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Tue Nov 26 16:30:49 CET 2002

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002, Ramsey Fahel wrote:

> Any client planned for Microsoft WindowsCE & PocketPC OS?

   I'm working on it. Codecs that are working are MPEG-1/MPEG-2 audio
and video. They work flawlessly in the emulator, but only video plays
on my iPaq for the moment (audio is awful). Implemented access methods
are file (to access local videos) and HTTP. Eye-candy video filters
such as 90° rotation, mirror image, wall, clone also work. I put pictures
here: http://zoy.org/~sam/vlc/pocketvlc/

   Currently I'm working on 12 bpp dithering (for a simulated iPaq
screen see http://zoy.org/~sam/vlc/dither.png). Then I will work on
performance issues because it's still a tad slow. Then maybe I'll
have a look at additional codecs (DivX) and the GUI.

--
Sam.