[vlc] Re: No accelerated IMDCT transform found

Alexis Guerin alexis.guerin at isep.fr
Tue Nov 26 18:39:59 CET 2002

Hi Gildas,

Why does the video become so slow without acceleration for the IMDCT
transform?
When using the wired network, it is fast enough to see the video, but I am
also trying to read the stream through a wireless interface and the quality
becomes then unacceptable (only a few frames are appears on the screen).

However, when I use the presentation.vob file, vlc use the libmad decoder and
the quality of the video is almost perfect despite the narrow band of the
wireless transmission.

What could be the differences between these files and why can vlc not use the
libmad decoder for the THX_Simpsons.vob file when it can do it for the
presentation_normal.vob file.

regards,

Alexis