[vlc] Re: vlc on IPAQ with Opie

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed Nov 27 18:02:36 CET 2002

Bernd Müller-Rathgeber wrote:
> Hallo, a little Question.
>

> Is it possible to use the VideoLanClient Port for familiar on Opie (is
> an GUI on qt-embedded from Trolltech without an X-Server).
>
> Always when I tired to start, an Error Message "cannot open Display:0.0"
> and something with "gtk+" comes up, end the vlc aborts.

All current available packages in the feed required gpe or task-x. NO
packages for Opie are available (yet!).

> I think its because it wants to start the Interface. But I don´t need an
> Interface, I always use ist from the prompt.

Current status of Opie port for vlc is:
- native Qt Embedded video output is available
- no user interface, only useable from the commandline. The icon in the
package starts vlc with these parameters udp://@:1234.

I'll post a preview package for opie (named opie-vlc_0.4.6_arm.ipkg on
the feed tonight. Only usable from the commandline.
--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199