[vlc] Re: vlc : divx and subtitles

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Nov 27 20:50:46 CET 2002

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 18:19, Laurent Rojol wrote:
> Hello,
> First, congratulations for vlc. It works perfectly well on my G4 400. I
specialy use it for divx stuff. The image quality is not as good as on PC,
but it's better then any solutions I tested before. Only one thing is
missing for me : Subtitles !
> Do you plan to integer this function (wich works perfectly with DVD) for
divx? I hope so!

Subtitles support for DIVX has already been integrated in the current
development version of vlc :) This version shouldn't be released before a
couple of months though (but if you are courageous, you can still grab the
source code and try to compile it by yourself).

--
Gildas