[vlc] Re: VideoLAN as default player under W2000

Fabien ILLIDE fillide.cambrai at nordnet.fr
Tue Oct 8 16:19:26 CEST 2002

Hi Samuel,

Samuel Hocevar a écrit:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002, Fabien ILLIDE wrote:
>

>>If I doubleclick, or do Right-Click/Open ou Right-Click/Play (and VLC set
>>as "viewer" for these actions), there's nothing coming to screen.
>

>    Do you get anything interesting in the Messages window in VLC?

Thanks to point me this Messages window.

There's info about "new plugin modules loaded", then the only message I
see as a possible error :

C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\videolan\vlcrc
config file doesn't already exist

Then the "hidding unused plugin module" messages.

I've try under Administrator account (the one I've installed VLC with),
but there's the same message (with "Administrateur" instead of
"MyUserName" ofcourse)
I didn't find videolan directory under "Documents and settings" and subdirs.

I've do more tries , even in keeping VLC open and the message window open
too :

There's nothing more appearing in this messages window when I try to
launch a .avi file directly from the Windows Explorer or right-click (and
it still don't play the file even with VLC already opened)

I also try under Administrator account, power user and normal user.

I precise I've VLC 0.4.4 (with self-install) and that it's happen on 2
machines under w2000.

Thanks,
Fabien