[vlc] VLC on Windows XP problems

Rett D. Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Tue Oct 8 22:15:35 CEST 2002

Hello all:

I am having an issue getting Videolan Client 0.4.4 to play DVD's on my
Windows XP system.  The disc seems to start, but I get no video (just a
gray video window, and choppy sound.  Chapter movement doesn't seem to
work either.

I have also attempted to use it for playing back high bitrate (8MB/sec
720x480) MPEG1 Video clips recorded using MP1E on a linux system
(zapping.sf.net) The video plays fine for the first 30 secs, then the
sound and video start getting choppy to the point that its unwatchable.
(Xine on Linux doesn't seem to have a problem with the video).

Anyway:

Here are the system specs:

Windows XP Pro
IBM Thinkpad A20p (PIII 700, 18GB HD, 512MB RAM, ATI mobility M3
Graphics card, Crystal Audio 46xx)

Thanks,

Rett Walters