[vlc] Re: Vlc Problems on M$

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Oct 24 08:47:18 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 23:13, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> At 10:41 +0200 23/10/2002, Marian Durkovic wrote :
>
> >Put 0.0.0.0 there if you have only 1 network card, or your IP address if
you
> >have more and want to receive multicast on the specified network card.
> >
> >It might be useful if the developers could preconfigure this parameter
> >with 0.0.0.0 instead of leaving it NULL, which will solve the problem.
>
> It isn't set to NULL, it is set to "", and if you look at
> plugins/network/ipv4.c, if !*psz_iface_addr, then we use INADDR_ANY
> (which is 0.0.0.0), so I don't see what difference it makes...

There actually is a bug because you can't save an empty string into the
config file. Maybe we should surrender strings with double quotes in the
config file, but I didn't think it was necessary because you cannot
differentiate either between an empty string and a NULL string in the
preferences interface. This is why I choosed to save all empty slots in the
preferences interface as NULL strings.

--
Gildas