[vlc] Re: question

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Thu Oct 31 10:14:00 CET 2002

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002, mahdi shah mohammady wrote:

> 1-Typ

   I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific with this question. VideoLAN
offers both a media player for various operating systems, and a complete
MPEG/MPEG2 broadcasting solution. And there are other possible uses.

> 2- developer/selling

   The VideoLAN team <videolan at videolan.org> and a bunch of volunteers
across the world.

> 3-Status(laufende development)

   Fairly stable, used in production, still under active development.

> 4-Verfuegbarkeit(Quellcode/Binaercode)

   Quellcode und Binaercode.

> 5-price of

   Frei (GPL) und gratis.

> 6-supported operating systems

   Client: Windows, MacOS X, Linux, BeOS, most Unix systems (Solaris,
           IRIX, HP-UX, BSD flavours), embedded systems (familiar
           Linux, QNX)
   Server: Windows, MacOS X, Linux, most Unix systems.

> 7-supported Medienformate(Audioformate, Videoformate)

   Regarding the current CVS version:

   Client: MPEG/MPEG2/MP3, DVD, (S)VCD, DivX, MPEG4, SorensonV1, Cinepak,
           A52 (AC3), AAC, WMA, Ogg/Vorbis

   Server: MPEG and MPEG2 system

> 8-used Uebertragungsprotokolle(TCP, UDP, RTP..)

   Client: HTTP (over TCP), UDP, RTP

   Server: UDP, RTP

> 9-supported Internetprotokolle(Ipv4, Ipv6)

   Both Ipv4 and Ipv6.

> 10- multicast - support

   Yes.

> 11-support of Dienstqualitaeten(IntServ, DiffSer)

   No.

> 12-Besonderheiten

   You'll have to do a bit of research on your own. There is plenty of
information on http://www.videolan.org/, good luck.

Regards,
--
Sam.