Problem in windows XP

Yiping Lin wildelin at netscape.net
Sun Sep 1 21:28:29 CEST 2002

Gildas Bazin <gbazin at netcourrier.com> wrote:

>Looks like the culprit is the DVD decryption. To confirm this, could you try
>to play a simple mpeg or vob file. You can find some here:
>http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/streams/

I tested with serveral files (mpeg or vob files. I can see the pictures now but no sound (is that normal?).

>Could you also tell me if you have the same problem with other dvds or if
>it's just this specific one?

I tested with four DVDs (region 1) and all have the same problem: no pictures with non-continuous sound.
By the way, the version of this vlc is 0.4.1. I also reinstalled the version 0.4.4 (just overwrote the previous verison). The situation is the same.

Yiping