[vlc] Re: disk output stream and video view together

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Tue Apr 1 00:45:42 CEST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003, Mpeg_Forever wrote :
> 1st: compliments !!!
>
> Now, a question: it would be very useful to see and stream output on hard
> disk in the same time. As I did it now if I enable stream output on hard
> disk there is no video shown and I have no clue on when something will start
> or end. Is it possible to see and save ? If yes how ? If not...will it be
> implemented ?

This  feature  should  be  implemented  soon.  In  the  meantime,  as  a
workaround, you  could just start  a second  session of vlc  playing the
same stream. It  shouldn't increase the bandwith used  or interfere with
the 1st vlc in any way. Of course, that won't work for VOD streams...

Regards

--
$(echo "BigBen")

<< Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué ? >>
Oui, pourquoi ?