[vlc] IP backhaul and live streams

Matthew Galvin matthew_galvin at csumb.edu
Tue Apr 1 16:45:11 CEST 2003

Hi,
	I'm a newbie to this list. I'm really interested in this product
and some possible applications of VLC at our university.

1. We're using a mixed bag of Optibase MGW, Minerva VNP-100, and VBrick
to transport baseband audio and video across the Monterey peninsula. I'm
interested in using VLC as the decoding client for their live UDP
streams. Does anyone have any experience with this or advice about
whether or not UDP or RTP will work better in this application?

2. Has anyone used VLC as a decoder for a Sorensen Broadcaster, Real
Producer, or Windows Media encoder live stream? I need to have some way
to use VLC with live video.

3. Does anyone have experience with VLC output to the composite outs on
a Optibase VideoPlex or Vela card?

4. Is anyone writing any applications to schedule the execution of a
playlist . . . for example executing a playlist at a specific time?

5. Why does a .wmv file generate 3 overlaid windows? Is this a bug or a
configuration problem?

Thank You!
Matthew Galvin
CSUMB Media Engineering