[vlc] Re: Set top boxes

Bob Yeaw byeaw at widevine.com
Thu Apr 3 03:19:57 CEST 2003

> - MPEG1 and MPEG2 multicast from VLS
> -> works, only sound is not available (PID problem? Amino box firmware
> version problem)?

I have a Sigma Designs Netstream 2000 card (mpeg decoder) installed in a
redhat linux box and a coworker hacked network support into the player that
comes with it.  I have been using VLS to stream MPEG2 (both unicast and
multicast) to this player and I have noticed the same behavior when
streaming DVD's (ie. video works, but no audio).
I also noticed that streaming the dvd to a file, and then streaming that
file to the sigma player has a bit different behavior; the audio is there,
but quickly gets out of sync with the video.  Streaming other MPEG2 files
(like the ones on the videolan ftp site) to the sigma player work correctly.

So maybe it's a VLS issue? Of course, streaming dvd from VLS to VLC works
flawlessly...

btw, I'm using:
vls 0.5.0
libdvbpsi 0.1.2
libdvdcss 1.2.6
libdvdread 0.9.3

-bob

byeaw at widevine.com

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." (1918) --
Theodore Roosevelt.