[vlc] Probel with videolan and Quicktime

Alvaro Arce alvaro.arce at laposte.net
Thu Apr 3 09:47:55 CEST 2003

Hi there

I have been experiencing some problems with videolan 5.2 (on
macosX) since I installed the new version of Quicktime 6.1.1.
Whenever I launch vlc it just freezes and I can see the
beachball spinning when I place the cursor over the vlc
command window.
I tried also to open some video files but there's no video or
sound, sometimes I got just some seconds of sound (nop video)
and then nothing.
I can't say for sure that it is quicktime the problem, since I
couldn't get the old quicktime installed back, but I'm almost
sure.
I even tryed the new videolan pre-release 5.3 but the problems
still the same.
Can anybody out here confirm that this is an issue with the
new quicktime?

Thanks

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"