[vlc] docs

Warren Hrach warren11 at cox.net
Fri Apr 4 23:03:36 CEST 2003

Hello,
    I have installed VLC on my RedHat V8.0 desktop and have a pent IV 1.6 ghtz
cpu and have 512 meg memory.  Plenty of disk space.
I have a 19" Dell monitor and run an avrtv video card.  I am on Cox TV and
also have the cable modem and telephone.

I have trouble following docs that I find on the VCS site in that I just want
to be able to use my VLC to watch TV and when a dvd station is on be able to
watch that.  Streaming video is what I think I need.  I use the cable tv and
select stations using the cable channel selector and the output is all for
channel 3 (USA).  My TV card is also using channel 3 and the cable selector
box output goes to my TV card.  Also goes to a small TV next to my computer.

I did try the gnome vlc interface and clicked on 'net' then 'channel server'
and entered my IP address and I get an 'no server' notice in my channel 3
selection.

Where I go wrong ??

Also how to start the VOD thingy that allows one to rewind and replay video ?

I am in San Diego, CA USA and sort of housebound so cant get to usergroup
meetings anymore.

--
Warren