[vlc] playback of local .ts files

Tisdale, Patrick tisdale at aunetwork.com
Wed Apr 9 18:34:01 CEST 2003

hi everyone,
i'm new to vlc and having some trouble.  i'm trying to playback .ts
files recorded from an hd broadcast, living on the local hd.  on my 2gig
p4 w/1gig ram running winxppro, the video is jittery and the right 1/4
of the image is lost and purple/pink trash is all that is seen.  on my
800mhz/512mb tibook running os x 10.2.3, the image is just jittery, like
it's crunching the cpu.  is this the case?  are these machines just not
capable of clean playback of hd?  i've closed all other apps and checked
my processes to make sure nothing extra is eating up the cpu.  i tried
to down-convert (using the stream to file option) the video into
something smaller that my tibook could handle, but i get very trashy
video.  am i missing something?

thanks in advance,
patrick tisdale