[vlc] VLC / VLS and stream seeking (non-HTTP)

j.zorko at att.net j.zorko at att.net
Fri Apr 11 22:59:11 CEST 2003

Hello, all ...

Are there any plans to implement a backchannel to allow VLCs to seek on a UDP or UDP multicast stream?  If VLS is serving a file, this is definitely possible (witness the QuickTime Streaming Server and QuickTime player).  Some sort of communications channel needs to be in place i.e. RTSP.  Is this in the works?  We're considering just adding our own code to do this ourselves, but if a version of VLC / VLS which supports this is going to be released soon, then we don't have to.

Regards,

John

--
Falling You - exploring the beauty