[vlc] Re: Info

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Apr 18 11:27:23 CEST 2003

On Friday 18 April 2003 11:03, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> On donderdag, apr 17, 2003, at 17:34 Europe/Amsterdam, Teo wrote:
> > I downloaded your program just 2 days ago to see multicast streaming.
> > I installed it on my desktop, and everything was good. When I
> > installed it on my laptop, everything was wrong; the unique difference
> > between desktop and laptop is that laptop use a wireless lan
> > connection to the server, while desktop is dicrectly connected with
> > cable.
> >
> > Can you help me to solve this problem with my laptop? Does VLC work
> > with wireless lan or not?
>
> Well, how large is the multicast streaming. Because a Wireless
> connection is way slower then a cable connection in most cases (about a
> factor 20 slower)

The problem could also be that you have several network adapters in your
laptop and the multicast route might not be set to the adapter you are
trying to use.

You can use vlc's "iface-addr" config option (named "network interface
address" in the preferences panel) to choose which interface should be used
to connect to the multicast stream.

--
Gildas