[vlc] Re: Have one question to consult you. Thank you!

Michael S.Zick mszick at goquest.com
Fri Apr 18 19:42:09 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 04:43 am, Jing-Ling wrote:
>  (1) I download the vlc-0.5.3-1.i386.rpm from
>     http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-redhat.html
>       But it can not be installed.
>       The error message is : Cannot find the ( libpthread.so.0
>              (GLIBC_2.3.2)) packages in the system.
It should.

>       Where can I find this files ?(My OS is Redhat8.0)
> (2) Can Redhat8.0 version match with vlc ?
It should.

My answers are based on inspection of the glibc.spec
file of the RedHat-8.0 distribution.  (I still run 7.1).
So there is a degree of guess-work in my answers...

You may have to select the "Program Development"
group - which may have been an option not selected
when you installed your RedHat distribution.
Check in the package manager your using on your
system for what is installed and what to add.

Mike