[vlc] Even more VLC questions regarding ff / rew ...

j.zorko at att.net j.zorko at att.net
Wed Apr 23 21:24:17 CEST 2003

Gildas,

I think I just answered my own question -- that being how to enable the packetizer to get at the
input_thread_t representing the current playlist item being streamed out.  I think the answer is,
"you don't, you only feed the FIFO the packets you want to stream out, instead of reading
everything from the packetizer thread and choosing packets to output from there."

Of course, this raises a bunch more questions, like how this will affect the decoding and demuxing
that the data read from the playlist item input goes through (before the packets land in the FIFO),
and if a bunch of code will need to be changed to do it (i'm looking at changing as little as
possible, as VLC mostly works and I don't want to break it).

Thoughts?

Regards,

John

--