[vlc] AW: Re: trouble compiling v4l-support in as well as ffmpeg

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Sat Apr 26 04:15:10 CEST 2003

> >>DivX works with the xvidcore rpm installed.  (I would kill if my
> >>Smallville files didn't work in Linux).
> >>

> >now that i call a quick answer!
> >
> >the xvid-core i have installed. not via rpm, though - i compiled
> it myself,
> >but actually that shouldn't matter i guess. they are located:
> >/usr/local/include/xvid.h
> >/usr/local/lib/libxvidcore.so
> >/usr/local/lib/libxvidcore.a
> >

> >>As far as v41-support, if
> >>someone can point me to where the files are, I'd try to get it into the
> >>next release.
> >>

> >?!? i understood that the files come with the cvs-snapshots,
> anyway. did i
> >get that wrong?
> >
> >thx,
> >/jc
> >

> Well, if they do and they're (reasonably) stable, I'll put them in with
> 0.5.5 whenever we decide to release it.

so is there no way getting a cvs-version that includes them? that would be
great.
the whole idea why i started checking out vlan was streaming a capured
source in mpeg4..

do you have any other idea why i can't play xvid-files? i will try and
install the rpm tomorrow, but i am afraid, it won't help much..

good nite,
/jc