[vlc] Re: Issues with Panther Developer Release?

Frédéric Miserey frederic at none.com
Sun Aug 3 09:26:55 CEST 2003

On lundi, juillet 7, 2003, at 12:32 Europe/Paris, Derk-Jan Hartman
wrote:

> On zondag, jul 6, 2003, at 17:30 Europe/Amsterdam, HeThatIsHere wrote:
>> Version 0.6.0 seems to be incompatible with the Developer Release of
>> Panther.  Are there any fixes available as of this moment, or is a
>> patched version awaiting the final release of Panther this fall?
>
> We are not prime developers registered with Apple and therefore don't
> have Panther. We cannot support it before an official release is
> available.

I was able to compile 0.61 with latest Panther (post WWDC) and xcode by
fixing 2 deprecated (now not declared - see below) constants and
changing "pbxbuild" by "xcodebuild" in the makefiles.

>> A few of the bugs I have run into.
>>
>> None of the movies I play have sound
>
> I'm aware of this one. It has been reported before.

Now that I have a Panther build, what can i do (log files, etc.) to
find the reason why sound isn't working (and fix it !) ?

Yours,

Frédéric

diff -r vlc-0.6.1/modules/gui/macosx/open.m
vlc-0.6.1-panther/modules/gui/macosx/open.m
70c70
<     CFDictionarySetValue( classes_to_match, CFSTR( kIOMediaEjectable
),
---
 >     CFDictionarySetValue( classes_to_match, CFSTR(
kIOMediaEjectableKey ),
92c92
<                                                             CFSTR(
kIOBSDName ),
---
 >                                                             CFSTR(
kIOBSDNameKey ),