[vlc] Using VLC as a multicast client

Guschti llx at gmx.net
Sat Aug 9 08:43:45 CEST 2003

Hello
I am writing an application which just sends MPEG-1 video to a multicast
address using simple
UDP calls. VLC is on the client side.

When I first start VLC and then my server. About 1/4 of the upper part
of the video is displayed correct the other part displays strange geen
and other colors, but just for a few seconds  then it crashs.

When I frist start my server and then VLC nothing is displayed.

Do I need to send some more data than just the MPEG-1 stream?
What do I need to send that VLC display my MPEG-1 stream?

When using http protocol the video displays correct, but I need multicast.

Thanks,
Guschti