[vlc] Re: Subtitles with VLC

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Wed Aug 20 10:50:10 CEST 2003

Well, you have to choose a font  before you can use subtitles. We donnot
set a default  font, since VLC is  a multi platform player,  and path to
fonts / default available fonts differ from on system to the other.

To  select  a font,  go  to  the  preferences, plugins,  text  renderer,
freetype, and click on the browse button. Any ttf font should be OK.

We should definitely put this parametter in a more accessible place (why
not in the subtitle opening dbox ?)

The  encoding setting  allow to  read  subtiles written  in non  western
languages (eg russian,  chinese, etc...) Most player  assume that people
are watching  using subtitles in a  western language, or are  hiding the
parametter in the preferences.

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?