[vlc] Re: Simple question: using VLC to play ogg vorbis streams

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Sun Aug 24 00:28:46 CEST 2003

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003, Phillip Lederer wrote :
> I am a mac os 10.2 user.
>
> I am trying to use VLC to play the following stream:
>
> http://ogg.tv-radio.fr:1441/encoderfmusiques.ogg
>
> I have tried using File>open network> putting the address in the
> lower radio button  http field but this does not work.

I've already tried successfully to read radio frace sreams with vlc...

When using thne lower radio button,  don't forget *NOT* to put "http://"
at the begining of the url...

in that case, youy should only put :

ogg.tv-radio.fr:1441/encoderfmusiques.ogg

If it still  doesn't work, could you send us  the complete log (massages
option, checking the "advanced" box) ?

> Further I do not know what a MRL is.

Well, a MRL is the same thing than an URL, but fotr a video stream... It
is  easily its  location, and  the different  parameters needed  to read
it...

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?