[vlc] Re: experimental VLC question

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Mon Aug 25 11:16:54 CEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003, michael wrote:
> I see that I can set multiple events for a control.  Along this line,
> is it possible for me to setup a control button that will play two
> files simultaneously?

No, you can't do that, because VLC is currently unable to read 2 input
streams at once. This is being worked on, but don't expect it very
soon...

Anyway, I don't understand what you wanted exactly. How would the button
decide which items in the playlist should be played? Even if there was
an option for that in the XML file, it couldn't be changed dynamically,
so your button would always play the same two files...

--
Ipkiss