[vlc] Multicast and VLC

Brasil, Vinicius Vinicius_Brasil at alliedtelesyn.com
Thu Aug 28 17:25:55 CEST 2003

I'm using videolan VLC 0.6.2 app. on Microsoft XP.  I execute it to open
a file on my local drive, and stream output using rtp, with a multicast
address of 224.7.7.7 at destination port 7777.

The stream output MRL destination field is populated with the following:
:sout=#duplicate{dst=std{access=rtp,mux=ts,url=224.7.7.7:7777}}

My server is directly connected into a router running IGMP and PIM-SM.
The router recognizes other multicast capable streaming servers and adds
the sessions into its IGMP table, however, it does not add the session
for the videolan session in its IGMP table.  I notice that the Server
does not send reports, this may be the reason.

Has anyone tried to use Video Lan using a similar configuration?  If so
please let me know your results, and if possible tell me what I'm doing
wrong?  Cheers.

-Vinicius