[vlc] Hardware MPEG Decoding

Andy Shepard ashepard at bermai.com
Fri Aug 29 23:45:39 CEST 2003

Hello:

Have been using VLC very successfully playing  transport stream files from Standard Definition TV.  However, when trying to play High Definition TV, the Host CPU is unable to decode in time and I get jerky videos.  I've only found one machine in the office that can decode in real-time and it is right at the edge in performance.

Is there any support in VLC for hardware based MPEG decoders or is there some other method I can  use to be able to decode the transport stream in realtime?

Thanks,

Andy