[vlc] Re: How to build vlc with RTSP support?

Manos Moschous moschous at ics.forth.gr
Tue Dec 9 13:22:09 CET 2003

could anybody informed me how can i use this library in order to have rtsp
support in vlc..?
In /modules/demux/ there is a file livedotcom.cpp but it isnt compiled when
i compile the vlc library..
Is it necessery to use this library (liveMedia from
http://www.live.com/liveMedia/ ) or everything is needed for vlc(for rtsp
support) is included in the file /modules/demux/livedotcom.cpp ?
In the meantime i have already downloaded and compiled the LiveMedia library
and now how can i merge it with vlc library?
Can someone tell me which version of vlc am i have to download and what
libraries am i have to use(i mean for pre-compiled libraries). I downloaded
the latest snapshot of vlc but the pre-compiled libraries that refers in the
install.win32 that i have to use arent correct.(It needs the latest version
of ffmpeg (i get error for version of libavcodec)which is not included in
this set of  pre-compiled libraries)

Can someone answer to me in all these questions..?

Thanks in advance!

Manos Moschous