[vlc] How to verify RTSP support is in my vlc.exe?

Steve Huang t-steve.huang at midstream.com
Tue Dec 9 21:15:22 CET 2003

Is there a way to verify RTSP support has been added to vlc build?

I did ./configure --enable-livedotcom
--with-livedotcom-tree=/usr/local/live successfully, and also got a
vlc.exe successfully built, but when I ran vlc.exe and type in
"rtsp://fuji/test.mpg", I got message saying "no suitable access module
for `rtsp/://fuji/test.mpg'"

Here is the log:

main debug: thread 2636 (input) created at priority 15
(src/input/input.c:252)

main debug: 0 loops

main debug: dumping stream ID 0x0 [OK:0/D:0]

main debug: pace un-controlled

main debug: pes: 0 packets

main debug: data: 0 packets

main debug: buffers: 0 packets

main debug: freeing info structures...

main debug: thread 2636 joined (src/input/input.c:286)

main debug: creating new input thread

main: playlist item `rtsp://fuji/test.mpg'

main debug: waiting for thread completion

main debug: access `rtsp', demux `', name `fuji/test.mpg'

main debug: looking for access module

main debug: probing 7 candidates

dvdplay warning: cannot stat() source `fuji/test.mpg' (No such file or
directory)

dvdread warning: cannot stat() source `fuji/test.mpg' (No such file or
directory)

dvd debug: dvd=fuji/test.mpg raw= title=1 chapter=1 angle=1

dvd error: dvdcss cannot open device

vcd debug: trying .cue file: fuji/test.cue

vcd warning: could not open fuji/test.mpg

cdda debug: trying .cue file: fuji/test.cue

cdda warning: could not open fuji/test.mpg

access_file warning: cannot stat() file `fuji/test.mpg' (No such file or
directory)

main warning: no access module matching "rtsp" could be loaded

main error: no suitable access module for `rtsp/://fuji/test.mpg'