[vlc] Re: Receiving webcam motion jpeg stream

Torsten Spindler spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 10 08:43:58 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 21:14, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> If the webcam is supported by Linux, then it should be possible to use
> VLC to view and stream it. Approach the test in two steps:

I should have been more specific: The camera has it's own mini webserver
and you can see the stream with a webbrowser. The stream looks like
this:

--myboundary

I tried vlc -vvvv  http://<ip>/nphMotionJpeg\?Resolution\=320x240, but
vlc tries to interpret it as mpeg-ps. In the Changelog I've seen that mjpeg
support is added somehow. Now I want to display it when it is not embedded
in some mpeg, but raw. Any way to do that?

Bye,
Torsten