[vlc] Re: using livedot com compiling error

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Dec 10 21:51:55 CET 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 20:34, jonathan dumaresq wrote:
> for building livemedia with cygwin I just make an symbolic link in
groupsock
> forlder.
>
> ln -s /usr/include/c++/3.3.1/backward/strstream strstream.h
>
> with this I can compile livemedia with success but not vlc :(
>
> thanx

Yes, livemedia is really a bitch to compile (even more so on win32).

We provide a binary package with all the 3rd party libraries we use so you
should really use it to save you some troubles:

http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/win32/
contrib-20031109-win32-bin-gcc3.3.1-only.tar.bz2

And yes, the livemedia lib is included in there. To compile VLC with it you
just have to add "--enable-livedotcom --with-livedotcom-tree=/usr/win32/
live.com" to the configure line already described in INSTALL.win32

--
Gildas