[vlc] Re: changing framerate of capturing in vlc

tom alter alti_tom at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 05:44:04 CET 2003

i tried the following command line usage
vlc -vvv -I dummy
v4l:/dev/video0:norm=pal:frequency=543250:size=352x288:channel=0:adev=/dev/dsp:audio=0

i found another option for v4l that was not mentioned
videolan-howto. that was samplerate, with this option
i was able to define audio sampling rate. i guess for
simple displaying of the captured video doesn't need
encoding (that's my guess not sure about it) but that
is also giving jerky video.

thanks