[vlc] Re: Fwd: Re: No video with vlc-0.7.0_test1 for Linux

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Thu Dec 11 11:33:53 CET 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003, Itsik Boger wrote :
> No, I didn't choose a stream output, I choose File->Open File and the
> "Stream Output" checkbox was unchecked !!!
> Still, VLC streamed the file instead of playing it !

Yes,  since  you  configured your  VLC  in  a  way  it would  stream  by
default...

With that configuration, to display the  stream, you would need to check
"streamoutput", go in stream output settings, and choose display...

This option is required for pleople who are using VLC only for streaming
purpose: don't neet to renter all the settings every time..

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?