[vlc] [ANN] VLC 0.5.0

Sam Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Mon Feb 3 20:09:14 CET 2003

   The VideoLAN team is absolutely delighted to announce version 0.5.0
of VLC, the most beautiful cross-platform multimedia player that has a
traffic cone as its logo, codenamed "sleeping is for weenies".

   It is our extreme pleasure to deliver the following long-awaited
major features:

    - DVD navigation

    - new stream output architecture, allowing to act as a stream server

    - new audio output architecture, with S/PDIF support, multi-channel
      support, volume setting

    - new codecs: Ogg/Vorbis, AAC, ADPCM, Xvid, DV, and many more

    - support for DivX subtitles

    - a Mozilla plugin based on VLC

    - localization support

   Unfortunately the feature list would be too long to post here, and
spam filters would block it because there is so much sexy stuff in it,
thus we suggest you have a look at the release notes here:

     http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/NEWS

   You can download VLC for most operating systems here:

     http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

   Enjoy!

--
Sam.