[vlc] Re: [Ammended]Re: vlc problem in iPAQ 3630

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Mon Feb 3 20:57:38 CET 2003

Andrew leung wrote:
> Dear Jean-Paul Saman,
>

> Thank you so much for your help, I have connected iPAq thr vlc to a server streaming mpeg.

no thanks needed.

> I know that that many of my stupid question can be found in the website, sorry for disturbing you so far.

;-)

> this is really a last question (I am a university student and doing a project which is very important for my final year, now come to the last step)

Are you leaving the country ;-)

> my last question is
>
> the vlc on iPAQ stopped after about 20 sec of real time video streaming and said:
>

>  mad_adec error: libmad_input stopping libmad decoder

Could you send me the output of:

opie-vlc -vvvvvv udp://@:1234 2>/var/tmp/log.txt

I need it to say what could be wrong.

> I really can't figure out the reason why, please tell me and help me , REALLY THX!!!

What is the bitrate of your video stream ? Over which network do you
stream the video WLAN (aka Wifi or 802.11b) or just LAN ?

Please give me more information.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman