[vlc] No sound

Jennifer Robbins jrobbins5 at cinci.rr.com
Thu Feb 6 04:41:24 CET 2003

Greetings from Cincinnati, USA, and thank you to the developers for
sharing this very useful program.

However, when I play a VCD disc, I very quickly lose the sound.  At the
default (initial) screen size, the sound goes out after one minute,
fifteen seconds (1:15).  If I enlarge the screen, the sound stops
playing after correspondingly less time.  Is this some sort of buffer
problem?

I am running a Mac, OS 10.1.5.  VLC v. 5.0.  I have LOTS of memory.  I
have tried running from a disc image instead of the CD but have so far
failed.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Merci, vielen danke, domo arigato, asante and thank you.

Jen