[vlc] VLC crashes my machine (XPPro)

Chris Sullens clslist at optonline.net
Fri Feb 14 15:05:21 CET 2003

Hi,

I have VLC 5.0 for Win32 installed. Whenever I try to play a movie it
crashes (insta-reboots) my machine.
I'm using the following command to run VLC from DVArchive 2.0a:
C:\vlc\vlc.exe --plugin-path C:\dlv\plugins %url%
Where %url% is a url to my ReplayTV machine that will stream a video feed to
this computer. This command was suggested (and works) for many users on
AVSForum.
VLC also insta-reboots my machine when playing a local MPG (vcd format). I
saw like the first frame of the video before it crashed my machine.

I have Windows XP Pro SP1, Geforce4 MX 440 41.09 drivers, 512MB ram. Onboard
intel sound card (SoundMAX?).

Any suggestions?

This is what Windows says after I reboot:

BCCode : 1000008e     BCP1 : C0000005     BCP2 : F82DACA5     BCP3 :
F2F5975C
BCP4 : 00000000     OSVer : 5_1_2600     SP : 1_0     Product : 256_1

I tried searching the mailing list archives, but I get the following error:

ht://Dig error
htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
site. The error message is:

Unable to read document index file
Did you run htmerge?