[vlc] Re: Via EPIA with Via C3 processor

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Feb 16 17:56:11 CET 2003

Vlc does not take advantage of mpeg acelleration hardware. It only uses the
cpu (with mmx/3dnow etc when available) and the video overlay features of
the graphics board (which pretty much suck on the epia iirc). The conclution
is that DVD quality MPEG2 is too heavy for vlc on most EPIA boards, possibly
with the exception of the fastest versions (900+ mhz)

Sigmund