[vlc] Re: CANNOT play avi and asf with opie-vlc in iPAQ

Andrew leung khleung at engineer.com
Mon Feb 17 05:42:12 CET 2003

Dear Jean - Paul Saman,

In fact, my meaning of "unstable" is different for 0.4.6 and 0.5.1

in 0.5.1, *once* its gives a video connection and start playing video, it will keep going on (some times dead with "sementation fault" ) I meant, sometimes it doesn't play the video and just hang, some times it gives stable video, this is what I meant by "unstable".

So in 0.5.1 at leeast iPAQ HAS gave me acceptable video, but I should say successful running is about 5-6 out of 10 trials.

in 0.4.6, NO such video has been given by iPAQ, those are just still pictures :P

Just like this morning,  I tried running opie-vlc 3 times , iPAQ gave the video I need in all the 3 attempts (although quality is not good at the bluetooth link) but at least it gave what I need and I am happy anyway.

but some times I tried 10 times and iPAQ opie-vlc doesn't work at all!.

Um.........for the 3 "sucessful" connections mentioned above I have kept the error log, So you may know what is the content of the error log in the *BEST* situation I can get from my iPAQ.

thank you for your help again,
Andrew