[vlc] Re: Frame by Frame

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Mon Feb 17 21:45:26 CET 2003

Well the problem is, that vlc doesn't decode frames, but packets. This
is because originally VLC was designed for usage of streams over the
network.
This fundamental design difference between us and other players makes
the implementation of a frame by frame option, a tad difficult as I
understand. What you can do however is use the slower command (multiple
times) to play the video really slow, and then pausing the video at the
shot you want to take a screenshot of (which is the most common reason
for frame by frame).

Derk-Jan Hartman

On maandag, feb 17, 2003, at 19:59 Europe/Amsterdam, ... wrote:
> I like your player but there is something I miss on this or in the
> Apple DVD
> Player and that's a Frame by Frame Option. This option has every
> Stand-Alone
> DVD Player but non of the Software Player on the Mac. If this feature
> could
> be implanted in a next version would be fantastic.
---
Universiteit Twente
---
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman