[vlc] Win32 Client Error

Alexander Duggleby duggleby at in.tum.de
Fri Jan 10 13:09:31 CET 2003

Hi all,

First of all let me tell you that VideoLAN sounds great - good Work!

I would probably even more like it if I got it running ;)

I keep getting the following problem: (all commands on localhost)
1. I start the VLS Client 0.4.0 with command "vlc udp:"
2. I start the VLS Server 0.4.0.

--- Part of my config file is:
BEGIN "local1"
  ConfigPath    = "C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Desktop\VLS"
END

BEGIN "Channels"
  localhost     = "network"
END

BEGIN "localhost"         # The client is on the same host as the server
  DstHost = "127.0.0.1"
  DstPort = "1234"
END

BEGIN "LaunchOnStartUp"
  command1 = "start lilostitch localhost local1"
END
-----------------------

3. My Client then shows udp and channel selection. When I select 0 and
click GO I get:
"Access violation at address 0042B89C in module 'vlc.exe'. Read of
address 00000000."

I've seen some postings similar to this one, but all addressing a
different address.

After that the Client keeps running, but does nothing. (No Video, No
Audio).

Any help would be appreciated!

FYI My System is running on WinXP SP1

Thanks,
Alex Duggleby

Alexander Duggleby                  duggleby at in.tum.de
Institut für Informatik             Technische Universität München

Buero: 01.09.040                    Tel: (+49) 89 289 17813

http://www4.in.tum.de/~duggleby

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Übermittlung meiner Daten
für Werbezwecke oder für die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung
(§ 28 Abs. 4 BDSG).