[vlc] Dxr2/Dxr3 card support?

Charles Cotton charlesc3 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 23 13:41:58 CET 2003

I must first say how impressive the VideoLan software is with Windows
playback.  It works extremely well with 0.46, and I am now trying the 0.5.0
test3.
It's ability to work with many different types of format make it very
flexible.

I have searched old posts re the subject of Dxr2/Dxr3 support, and have
found no definitive update as to whether some form of support is still being
considered, as mentioned in the FAQ txt file.  I have only subscribed to
this list in the last 2 months also.  I'm sorry if I have missed information
on this in my searches.

Can anyone provide further info on this please?  There are many Hollywood
Plus and Videologic DVD Player card users that would be able to find
immediate use for this.  Sigma Designs did a very poor job in supporting
their users in this regard, the drivers for the cards never going past
'Beta' stage.  And now they are on to the Xcard.

Charles

Paris