[vlc] Re: [streaming] Selecting elementry streams in a transport stream

Tristan Leteurtre tristan.leteurtre at videolan.org
Thu Jan 23 16:46:33 CET 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003, Paul Rae wrote:
> I use a selection of video servers (ncube, mediabase, sgi and others)
> including videolan and recommend it to our customers for testing our
> stbs with.
>
> To date many of them have sucessfully used it without any problems :)
>
> THe only issue i have is that i cant see anyway to select different
> programs is a transport stream. Say for instance you have a stream
> containing 1 Video ES and 4 Audio ES's, is it possible to select the
> different audio streams by passing them the pids ??

We did not implemented that feature yet, since usually the client (VLC)
is able to select the audio (like in DVDs). That is why the vls sends
all the audio tracks.

Anyway, if you want select exactly what the VideoLAN server outputs (did
I understand well your issue ?), that should be a very easy hack in the
source code, since all the PID management facilities have already been
implemented.

Then, it is only a matter of PID filtering, and you will also have to
re-built the (Program Map Table) according to what you are sending.

If you need more help about that, you can contact me.

--
Tristan